For additional important
information, please see our Consumer Privacy Notice which explains how we treat information
under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act ("GLBA"). For California residents,
please refer to our Supplemental Notice for California Residents, located HERE.
Our Services are intended for people who are in the United States. If you live outside of the United States and choose to use our Services, you understand that it is at your own risk. You also understand that your information may be sent to the United States. The United States may not afford the same level of protection as laws in your own country.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18 years. We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under the age of 18 years. If we discover that we have received personal information directly from a child under the age of 18 years, we will delete that personal information. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe we have collected personal information directly from your child, you may contact us at (877) 787-8579 to request that such personal information be deleted.
Information We Collect
We collect content, images, and other information you provide to us when you access our Services, including when you interact with our Website; communicate with us about our Services via email, SMS message, or telephone; respond to one of our surveys; or otherwise interact with us.
Information We May Collect When You Provide It to Us:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- Social Security number;
- Employment information;
- Mortgage rates and payments;
- Financial information, including bank account information and balances;
- Wire transfer instructions;
- Circumstances related to your purchase or sale of a home;
- Your driver's license or state ID information;
- Real estate offer letters;
- Citizenship status (for tax purposes); and
- Marital status (for tax calculation purposes).
Information We May Collect Through Our Mobile Applications:
- When you access our Services through our mobile application, we may receive certain mobile device data such as a unique identification number associated with your device, your device type and manufacturer, your mobile carrier, subscriber status, payment method, phone number, caller ID data, or, depending on your mobile device settings, your location information, including GPS coordinates. This information may also include a recording of your clicks, scrolls, keystrokes, and other information about your mobile app session.
- We generally collect this information to provide and improve your experience with the Services and to verify the identity and location of people who use our mobile application.
Information We May Collect from Our Affiliates, Partners, and Service Providers:
- Information from our partners, service providers, and affiliated businesses;
- Information from mortgage lenders; and
- Information from credit bureaus;
Information We May Collect from Public Sources:
- Tax assessments of your home;
- Information contained on the deed to your home, such as name, address, liens, encumbrances, and title;
- Whether your property is subject to a homeowner's association or part of a condominium;
- The number of bedrooms and bathrooms in your home;
- Whether your home is in an earthquake or flood zone;
- Permits issued for improvements, including remodels and additions; and
- The square footage of your home and the year it was built.
How We Use Your Information
We generally use your information for your convenience, to improve our Services, and for the following business and commercial purposes. More specifically, we may use it:
- To Contact You. We use the information that we collect to communicate with you, including to respond to your questions and requests.
- To Provide Our Services. We use the information that we collect to deliver our Services, including to personalize features and content to you.
- To Improve our Website. We may use your information to help diagnose problems with our servers and to otherwise administer the Website.
- To Advertise Our Services. We may use information collected from you to provide you with information about additional services that OS National or our affiliated companies offer, such as home financing and homeowners' insurance services.
- To Do Market Research. We are constantly striving to improve our customer experience. We may aggregate and analyze consumer information that we collect on our Website and from conversations with our customers to help us change and grow.
- To Support Information Security and Debugging. We may use information about you and your use of the Services to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and improve the security of our systems. We may also use this information to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- In Connection with a Dispute. We may use personal information to prosecute or defend against claims in court and other dispute resolution forums.
- Legitimate Business Purposes. We may use information about you for our other legitimate business purposes as permitted by applicable law.
How We Disclose Your Information
We generally disclose your information to facilitate your transactions and improve your experience in using the Services or otherwise manage our relationship with you. More specifically, we may disclose it:
- At your discretion. We may disclose your information when you specifically direct us to do so
- With our affiliated companies. We may disclose your information to our affiliated companies to the extent not otherwise prohibited by law.
- To service providers. We may disclose your information to third parties that provide services to us and act on our behalf, including payment processors, technology and infrastructure providers, digital communications services, commercial data and market research analysts, consumer report providers, auditors and accountants, physical site security providers, and IT security and bug-fix partners.
- To our business partners. We may disclose information to third parties to the extent allowed by law.
- To any successor to our business. For example, if all or part of our business is sold, we may include your information as part of that transaction.
- To comply with the law or to protect ourselves. We may disclose information to government agencies, consumer-reporting agencies, and other outside parties as permitted or required by applicable laws. For example, we will disclose information if a court, government agency, or investigatory body requests it. We may also disclose information if we are investigating potential fraud or as part of other legal proceedings, such as in connection with pending litigation.
- Legitimate Business Purposes. We may disclose information about you for our other legitimate business purposes as permitted by applicable law.
How We Protect Your Information
We use commercially-reasonable physical, electronic, administrative, and procedural safeguards to preserve the integrity, confidentiality, and security of all personal information we collect. However, please note that no security measure, system, or control is infallible. Therefore, like all businesses, we cannot guarantee that your information will be invulnerable to attack or misuse.
You have the responsibility to safeguard the security and privacy of your own information. For example, you should not provide us with personal information that we do not request. Additionally, you are responsible for controlling access to any computing device through which your information may be stored or accessed. You are also responsible for safeguarding any passwords or other log-in credentials that may be used to access your information. We recommend that you log out of any account when you are done using it.
Please remember to review the privacy settings and security policies of third-party sites and services that you use, such as social networks. We are not responsible for the privacy or security measures of any third party.
In the event that the security of any personal information under our control is compromised, we will take reasonable steps to investigate and mitigate the situation, including, when appropriate, notifying those individuals whose information may have been compromised and taking other steps in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Cookies and Tracking
A cookie is a small text file stored on your device by a website. OS National does not maintain any cookies on our Website that track user sessions of any kind.
However, please be aware that we may allow third-party cookies on our Website to assist in enhancing the Website. For example, we allow Google to provide us with analytics on our Website traffic. For more information about how to opt-out of Google Analytics, you can visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You may have additional choices available to you with regards to some online behavioral advertising cookies. Please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance at https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN or the Network Advertising Initiative at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 for more information.
- Marketing Opt-Out. If you want to opt-out of marketing, please contact us at (877) 787-8579. You may also follow the unsubscribe instructions in any marketing you get from us. Please note that even if you opt out of marketing, you will continue to receive messages from us about your relationship with us.
- California Residents. Learn more about the rights and options under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) law by reviewing link for California Residents below. You can also contact us at (877) 787-8579.
- Your Rights Under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. OS National is a financial institution, and you have the right to limit certain types of sharing pursuant to federal law. Please review our consumer privacy notice HERE for further information.
- Cookies. While many browsers are set up to accept cookies, you can adjust your browser settings to reject cookies or to warn when a cookie is being sent.
- Mobile Devices. Your mobile device may give you the ability to opt out of the use of certain information it collects and/or tracks. For instance, you may be able to "Opt out of Interest-Based Ads" or "Opt out of Ads Personalization" on Android devices and/or "Limit Ad Tracking" on iOS devices. You can also adjust the collection of location information from a mobile device by changing the preferences on the device.
- Do Not Track. Some web browsers have "do not track" features that you may enable by adjusting your browser settings. However, our Website and other Services may not respond to Do Not Track signals from some or all browsers.
Supplemental Notice for California Residents
If you are a California resident, please click HERE to review OS National's obligations under the California Consumer Privacy Act and your rights under California law.
Retention of Your Information
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at (877) 787-8579.
Updates To This Policy
This Policy is updated regularly. We will notify you of any changes to this Policy by posting the new Policy with the last modified date. Please check our Website periodically for updates, as changes will be effective as soon as the revised Policy is posted, unless otherwise stated. Your inaction or continued use of the Website, or your provision of information to us after any such notices, constitutes acceptance of those changes.
This Policy was last updated on January 8, 2024.